Enrolments for term 4 are closed.
It is essential that you read and understand our Online Safety Pack before enrolling:Online Safety Pack
The 60-minute workshops for 6-8’s, will be a weekly gathering point for young people to express, create, play and connect. Our workshops are all about creating confident young people who can speak up, share their ideas and give something a go. Every St Martins workshop is lead by a lead artists in creative practice, with an inclusion artist to help cater to the needs of the young people, including support needs.
We ask that parents are present at the start of each workshop, and available to assist their young person if needed.
Join us for term 4, where every workshop will explore the themes the stories that shaped us, and be invited to contribute to our online event on the 12th of December, 40:40 Live, celebrating 40 years of St Martins.
In this workshop your young person can expect to:
- Play warm up games that teach focus, group work and improvisation
- Explore movement, expression and non-verbal communication
- Tell stories on their own and in groups, using their imagination
- Read stories together and respond to the situations, characters and themes
- Improvise and role-play, gently introducing young people to principles of performance
- Draw, craft and build around performance ideas
- Costumes, puppetry and character building
For these workshops you will need:
- Paper and pens for drawing
- A safe space for moving around
Please be aware that our Digital Workshops will adhere to strict minimum session sizes. If a workshop has low enrolments, St Martins will look at combining workshops where possible, or cancelling when there are no other options.
If you’d like your young person to participate in a workshop at St Martins, but feel they can’t due to disability, cultural background, financial challenges or other barriers, you can apply for an inclusion scholarship.
Discover more about our scholarship program here.
Enrol a second young person and receive 15% off your second enrolment fee.
For enquiries please check out our FAQ or contact our Workshops Coordinator, Alex.